The private keys which control the majority of all funds deposited to LZF are encrypted and stored offline in bank vaults at various undisclosed locations.
Uniquely engineered hot wallets
LZF has taken extreme, obsessive-compulsive measures to secure the crypto-currency funds which our servers control. We sought the expertise of cryptographers and decorated cybersecurity experts to design and engineer what is likely the first online wallet which has all of the following properties:
- Our servers store no private keys unencrypted
- Our servers store no decryption keys unencrypted
- Our servers store no decryption key decryption keys
- A private key only exists in memory at the time a transaction is signed, then is promptly overwritten
- The unique data necessary to cryptographically arrive at a private key only exists in memory at the time a transaction is signed, then is promptly overwritten
- No more than one private key exists in memory at a time, per-internal node
- No more than one unique vector of data necessary to cryptographically arrive at a private key exists in memory at a time, per-internal node
- The time a private key exists in memory can only be measured in microseconds
- The operating system itself protects access controls, in such a way that there is only exactly one possible way funds can be sent within the checks and balances of our overall system
- Not even LZF personnel at the highest level are able to manually access unencrypted private keys in any way, even if they have root access to our servers
- Even if all of our servers were physically stolen at any time, it would be computationally impractical for a bad actor to recreate even a single private key with the data stored on them
LZF was co-founded by Andrew Tepper and Daniel Pusateri.
Andrew is the founder of eGenesis, the 14th company ever to accept Bitcoin as currency, and he is also the creator of Dragon's Tale, the first ever MMORPG casino. Dragon's Tale uses Bitcoin in place of chips and had, as of January 2015, over 427,000 BTC in bets wagered. Andrew wrote the LZF trading engine.
Daniel has been operating high traffic websites since he was fourteen years old. Daniel wrote the LZF banking engine as well as several supplementary high-security interfaces for communicating with crypto-currency software.
Have you found a bug in our software? Report it to us and claim your reward!